Here are the expected starters for tonight:
UPDATED 11/01/2009 @ 7:48 PM:
- Adrian Dater of All Things Avs confirms Andrew “Rayzor” Raycroft in net.
UPDATED 11/01/2009 @ 1:08 PM:
- At-ease soldiers, Steve Zipay confirms King Henrik via Twitter.
UPDATED 11/01/2009 @ 12:53 PM:
- Pretty sure Bishop was mistaken, Lundqvist will be in net. Probably mixed up the new mask with Valiquette’s. Andrew Gross confirmed Lundqvist here.
UPDATED 11/01/2009 @ 12:30 PM:
- Tim Thomas starts according to John Bishop’s live chat, Bruins beat reporter. Bishop also notes he will be facing Steve Valiquette. Working on confirming Valiquette in net, keep Lundqvist in for now as there is no confirmation from the Rangers beat.
- The preview on the Canucks official site says Andrew Raycroft COULD start against Peter Budaj. I doubt we will see Budaj, as Adrian Dater previously confirmed Anderson in tonight.
UPDATED 11/01/2009 @ 12:00 PM:
- Expect Evgeny Nabokov to start against the Hurricanes since Thomas Greiss started only a week ago and the Sharks are not coming off back-to-back games.
- Everything I’ve read points to Tim Thomas starting against the Rangers. Will confirm at a later point with a link.
UPDATED 11/01/2009 @ 12:15 AM:
- Steve Mason faces Jose Theodore when the Blue Jackets take on the Capitals tonight. Tarik El-Bashir of the Washington Post confirms both.
- Carolina Hurricanes coach Paul Maurice started Michael Leighton instead of Cam Ward yesterday, so naturally Ward will be back in net tonight. Chip Alexander of Canes Now covers Maurice’s reasoning behind the decision.
- Andrew Gross of Rangers Rants assumes Henrik Lundqvist plays tonight.
- Craig Anderson to make his fifteenth straight start, Adrian Dater of All Things Avs reports.
- As you may or may not have read here, NHLHotStove.com is coming soon. Right now I have added an About page and solved numerous formatting problems as well as sources for all 30 teams. Check out our ever-changing beta here!
That’s all I have for now. More updates to come. If you have any tips, email them to me at email@example.com.
Yesterday’s Count: 21*/22 = 95.5%
Year-to-date Predictions: 314/318= 98.7%
*Went with the only source I had although it would have worked out if you followed my advice, ironically, when considering Ryan Miller’s performance last night