The title says it all. This article will be no more than a comprehensive list of NHL (and some other players owned by NHL teams) players set to participate in the 2010 Winter Olympics.
As we approach the midway point of the 2009-10 season in the National Hockey League, many questions remain unanswered.
Which teams are serious about playoff contention? Who needs a massive upgrade to make the push from a bubble team? Which team should sell off the year and attempt a mini-rebuild?
Those are some thoughts circulating the League as we take a look at the state of all teams around the NHL. Now, when perusing through certain rosters some names that could bring in returns which would benefit a team in need of depth.
Today, we look at the defensemen around the NHL likely to be moved by the March 3rd, 2010 trade deadline. As a side note, be sure to tune into “The Hockey Guys” on deadline day as there will be an all day live event with a live chat room for discussion on all the rumors and news as it breaks in the NHL.
This thread will be updated all day, so keep refreshing it as the day goes along. Just a quick note, if I omitted a source it is due to a previous report with no recent updates. Here are your wounded bodies for tonight:
- Semyon Varlamov injured, as a result Michael Neuvirth was recalled from Hershey. Not an injury, but Matt Bradley also is not travelling with the team. [Capitals Insider]
- Mathieu Perreault ill and may not play. If that is the case, John Erskine will play. [In the Room]
- Andrej Sekera out tonight. Nathan Paetsch replaced him on D with Nathan Gerbe getting the callup. [Sabres Edge]
New York Islanders
- Tim Jackman and Sean Bergenheim injured last night. [Islanders Point Blank]
Toronto Maple Leafs
- Jeff Finger scratched. [Jonas Siegler]
Columbus Blue Jackets
- Derek Dorsett activated off IR and ready to go tonight. [Aaron Portzline]