Here are the expected starters for tonight:
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 1:21 AM
- Steve Mason announced the starter for the Blue Jackets. The 21 year old Rookie of the Year comes into tonights matchup 8-5-2 with a 3.48 GAA and .884 SV% in 15 games. The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline has the full report.
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 12:17 PM
- Semyon Varlamov confirmed here and here. The young Russian netminder is 8-1 in 10 games with a 2.59 GAA and .911 SV%. Last night’s starter Michael Neuvirth returned to Hershey this morning.
- His counterpart will be Vesa Toskala, writes Jonas Siegel. Toskala boasts a 0-4-2 line with a 4.26 GAA an .854 SV% in eight games.
- Radio announcer Dan Kamal confirms Marc Andre Fleury facing Johan Hedberg. The Atlanta backups is 4-1-0 with a 2.63 GAA an .923 SV% in seven games while Fleury is 11-7-0 with a 2.67 GAA and .899 SV% in 18 games.
- Tom Gulitti’s Fire & Ice reports backup Yann Danis will make his third star of the year. In his two previous starts, Danis has a 1.00 GAA and .964 SV%.
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 12:52 PM
- John Vogl’s Sabres Edge lists Patrick Lalime as likely for the Sabres. The backup is winless in two games with a 4.14 GAA an .854 SV% in two games.