Here are some fantasy-relevant injured players around the league, and their most recent status:
- Alexander Ovechkin returns to the Capital’s lineup tonight, according to both Tarik El-Bashir of The Washington Post and John Taylor of The Washington Times.
- Daniel Sedin not practicing with the team after reporting soreness. Sedin will not skate with the team until Wednesday at the earliest, and maybe even Friday, saying that his foot is still too sore. Ben Kuzma of The Province has the full story as well a reactin from GM Mike Gillis.
- Marc Savard should return in about a week from his foot injury. Teammate Milan Lucic expected to play later this week. Fluto Shinzawa of The Boston Globe Bruins Blog reports their status.
- In his post-game report, Flyer Files Chuck Gormley notes Simon Gagne is 5-7 weeks away with a hernia.
- Detroit’s Johan Franzen is set to return in February around the Olympics, accorrding to The Detroit Free Press. Center Valtteri Filppula began skating today and is expected back in mid-to-late December.