Slow day so not a lot of news going around the NHL today, so I will combine the goalie starters and injury updates. My sincerest apologies for my absence this weekend, I was traveling between states and did not want to offer a lesser product than usual. A small back story but I recently quit my job in order to write and maintain the site full-time. I am full committed to writing about hockey all day and provide my readers with a good read. By the next American holiday I should have more writers and thus not have a problem with the updates.
Here are your starters/injuries for tonight:
- Joffrey Lupul still not skating. [Ducks Blog]
- Kyle Calder out 2-4 weeks. [Ducks Blog]
- I’m assuming Jean-Sebastien Giguere starts tonight when you consider the streak he is on. Giggy is 3-0 with a 1.30 GAA and .960 SV% in his last three starts. Of course, we will have update if necessary.
- Ilya Bryzgalov expected to start, per Dave Vest of Coyotes.com.
- Vest also lists Peter Mueller and Ed Jovanovski as day-to-day.
San Jose Sharks:
- Devin Setoguchi likely for tonight. Rob Blake also makes his return, leading to the demotion of promising defenseman Jason Demers. [Working the Corners]
- Evgeni Nabokov and Setoguchi confirmed for tonight according to David Pollack’s Working the Corners.
- Roberto Luongo makes the start on short rest according to Gordon McIntyre of The White Towel.
Hope you enjoyed the article. You can help NHLHS stay alive by visiting our sponsors to the left.