Here are the expected starters for tonight:
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 1:21 AM
- Steve Mason announced the starter for the Blue Jackets. The 21 year old Rookie of the Year comes into tonights matchup 8-5-2 with a 3.48 GAA and .884 SV% in 15 games. The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline has the full report.
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 12:17 PM
- Semyon Varlamov confirmed here and here. The young Russian netminder is 8-1 in 10 games with a 2.59 GAA and .911 SV%. Last night’s starter Michael Neuvirth returned to Hershey this morning.
- His counterpart will be Vesa Toskala, writes Jonas Siegel. Toskala boasts a 0-4-2 line with a 4.26 GAA an .854 SV% in eight games.
- Radio announcer Dan Kamal confirms Marc Andre Fleury facing Johan Hedberg. The Atlanta backups is 4-1-0 with a 2.63 GAA an .923 SV% in seven games while Fleury is 11-7-0 with a 2.67 GAA and .899 SV% in 18 games.
- Tom Gulitti’s Fire & Ice reports backup Yann Danis will make his third star of the year. In his two previous starts, Danis has a 1.00 GAA and .964 SV%.
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 12:52 PM
- John Vogl’s Sabres Edge lists Patrick Lalime as likely for the Sabres. The backup is winless in two games with a 4.14 GAA an .854 SV% in two games.
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 1:07 PM
- Jon Quick starting tonight, confirmed by Helene Elliot of the LA Times. The Kings starter is 12-7-2 in 21 games with a 2.69 GAA an .897 SV%.
- Chris Mason expected to make his fifth straight start writes Jeremy Rutherford of the St.Louis Post-Dispatch. Mason is 5-6-3 with a 2.25 GAA and .925 SV% in games.
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 1:27 PM
- Jimmy Howard faces Carey Price, confirmed by Dave Stubbs of Habs Inside/Out. Howard is 4-3-1 with a 2.87 GAA and .899 SV% in 9 games while Price is 6-8-0 with 2.92 GAA and SV% in 15 games.
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 1:41 PM
- Andrew Gross’s Rangers Rants confirms Henrik Lundqvist as the Ranger starter. King Henrik is 9-7-1 with one shutout and a 2.54 GAA and .917 SV% in 18 games.
- Erik Erlendsson of The Tampa Tribune expects Mike Smith to make another start for the Lightning. Smith is 3-3-4 in 10 games with a 3.40 GAA and .886 SV%.
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 1:49 PM
- Marty Turco confirmed by Mike Heika’s Five for Fighting. The veteran starter is 6-4-4 with one shutout a 2.37 GAA and .915 SV% in 14 games
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 2:09 PM
- Dwayne Roloson will be in goal tonight for the Islanders, confirmed by Chris Botta’s Islanders Point Blank. Roloson is 6-5-1 with a 2.76 GAA and .915 SV% in 12 games.
- No direct confirmation, but 660 News’s Sandra Prussina lists Miikka Kiprusoff as probable. The veteran boasts a 11-5-2 record with one shutout a 2.64 GAA and .913 SV in 18 games
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 2:29 PM
- Ottawa Sun reporter Chris Stevenson notes Pascal Leclaire as his starter tonight. Leclaire is 8-5-1 with a 2.77 GAA and .898 SV% in 15 games.
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 2:54 PM
- Pekka Rinne makes his fifth straight according to John Glennon’s Predators Insider. Rinne is 8-4-0 in 13 games with two shutouts, a 2.35 GAA and .916 SV%.
- Canes Country’s Bob Harwood lists Manny Legace as the Hurricanes starter. In his limited role, the 36 year old backstop is 1-2-3 with a 3.76 GAA an .867 SV%.
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 3:15 PM
- This feature on The Chicago Sun Times implies Christobal Huet will face former teammate Nikolai Khabibulin. Khabibulin is 7-9-2 with a 3.03 GAA and .909 SV% in 18 games while Huet is 10-4-1 in 16 games with a 2.17 GAA and .907 SV%.
- Coyotes.com writer Dave Vest notes Ilya Bryzgalov will start tonight. Bryz is 11-6-1 with a 2.09 GAA and .920 SV% in 18 games.
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 3:40 PM
- Khabibulin confirmed here.
- Evgeni Nabokov starts for the Sharks per David Pollack’s Working the Corners. Nabokov is 13-3-4 in games with a 2.20 GAA and .925 SV%.
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 4:40 PM
- Tomas Vokoun scheduled to start for the Panthers according to play-by-play guy Steve Goldstein. The veteran starter is 6-8-2 with a 2.76 GAA and .922 SV% in 16 games.
- CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio reports Ray Emery starts over Brian Boucher tonight. Emery is 11-5-1 in 17 games with a 2.44 GAA and .915 SV%.
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 5:55 PM
- Vokoun confirmed here.
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 6:20 PM
- Confirmation of Anaheim starter coming soon
- Emery confirmed here.
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 6:40 PM
- Jonas Hiller confirmed here.
UPDATED 11/21/2009 @ 6:55 PM
- Jeff Deslauriers NOT Nikolai Khabibulin starts tonight. Link here.
Yesterday’s Count: 12/12
Year-to-date Predictions: 555/562= 98.7%