Here are the expected starters for tonight:
UPDATED 11/16/2009 @ 5:20 PM
- All indications from Rich Hammond’s LAKingsInsider point to Jon Quick in net for the Kings. As previously mentioned, Murray is going to play Quick as much as possible.
- Jean-Sebastien Giguere expected for the Ducks, according to Eric Stephens’ Ducks Blog.
UPDATED 11/16/2009 @ 4:55 PM
- Tim Saunders of Sports Radio 610 confirms Ray Emery and Martin Brodeur in his pre-game report.
UPDATED 11/16/2009 @ 4:40 PM
- Nikolai Khabibulin makes his 18th start of the season for the Oilers. Confirmed by Jim Mathieson of Oilers Country.
UPDATED 11/16/2009 @ 4:20 PM
- A bit of a shocker, but disregard my post on Antero Niittymaki. As Damien Cristodero states, Mike Smith starts for the Lightning.
UPDATED 11/16/2009 @ 4:00 PM
- Tomas Vokoun confirmed by Steve Goldstein, the Florida Panthers play-by-play announcer. Sun Sports FOX Sports FL also confirms this.
UPDATED 11/16/2009 @ 12:00 PM
- Lightning Strike’s Damian Christodero recently wrote “Niittymaki will keep playing until the coaching staff thinks his game takes a dip. Then it’s on to Smith and we see what he can do with his chance.” Going by that statement, Antero Niittymaki will start considering he remains in the league leaders in GAA.
UPDATED 11/16/2009 @ 11:10 AM
- Rask confirmed here.
- Martin Biron starts according to the rotation of Islander’s coach Scott Gordon.
UPDATED 11/16/2009 @ 10:50 AM
- Ilya Bryzgalov expected to start for the Coyotes according to this preview by Dave Vest.
UPDATED 11/16/2009 @ 10:45 AM
- Seth Rorabaugh’s Empty Netters expects Marc Andre Fleury to face Jonas Hiller.
UPDATED 11/16/2009 @ 10:25 AM
- Tuuka Rask likely according to The Boston Globe’s Fluto Shinzawa.
- Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline notes that Mathieu Garon will start for the Blue Jackets with Steve Mason backing up.
- As you may or may not have read here, NHLHotStove.com is coming soon. Right now I have added an About page and solved numerous formatting problems as well as sources for all 30 teams. Check out our ever-changing beta here!
Yesterday’s Count: 6/6
Year-to-date Predictions: 496/502= 98.7%