Here are the expected starters for tonight:
UPDATED 10/27/2009 @ 1:50 PM:
- Lowetide lists Nikolai Khabibulin as the starter tonight. Despite the solid effort by Jeff Deslauriers against Vancouver Sunday, Nik is still the # 1 guy in Edmonton.
UPDATED 10/27/2009 @ 1:15 PM:
- Jose Theodore starts tonight, according to Tarik El-Bashir of the Washington Post.
UPDATED 10/27/2009 @ 12:50 PM:
- Prior to Sunday night’s game, Brian Boucher did not start a NHL game in 5 months. After his performance Sunday don’t expect him be stealing any games from Ray Emery. This quote by John Stevens accurately summarizes his thoughts on Boucher’s effort. “It just wasn’t very good. I think everybody who was at the game would agree.” Full story here, expect Ray Emery to start against Washington.
UPDATED 10/27/2009 @ 11:30 AM:
- Roberto Luongo is expected to start tonight. This feature article by Derek Jory states Andrew Raycroft should start one of the Canucks back-to-back games, Friday or Thursday. Will post another confirmation link when I get one, as this is essentially speculation.
UPDATED 10/26/2009 @ 10:00 PM:
- Chris Osgood starts against Vancouver according to Helene St. James of The Detroit Free Press. St. James also mentions Jimmy Howard starting on Thursday.
- Craig Anderson will make his twelfth straight start when the Avalanche face the Oilers, the Avalanche’s official site reports. Peter Budaj continues to have “flu-like symptoms.” Click here for the full story.
- As you may or may not have read here, NHLHotStove.com is coming soon. Right now I have added an About page and solved numerous formatting problems as well as sources for all 30 teams. Check out our ever-changing beta here!
That’s all I have for now. More updates to come. If you have any tips, email them to me at email@example.com.
Yesterday’s Count: 8/8 = 100%
Year-to-date Predictions: 237/240= 98.75%