Here are the expected starters for tonight:
- Henrik Lundqvist is assumed to be playing against the Capitals, in a recent Andrew Gross post. Gross here assumes him to play Saturday against Anaheim and then sitting to Valiquette on Monday versus Toronto.
- The Associated Press reports Jonas Hiller and Tim Thomas to be tonight’s starters here.
- Chris Mason is expected to be in net according to this AP article. The article says the same for Ondrej Pavelec of Atlanta.
- Los Angeles Kings starter Jon Quick looks to rebound against the Wild, according to Kate Hedlin’s preview.
- Jeff Mezydl reports that Dan Ellis for Nashville and Craig Anderson will start, here.
- Marc Andre Fleury is projected to be in the lineup, according to Jason Seidling’s game preview. This is also confirmed here, as well as the assumption Ray Emery will be in net.
- Ilya Bryzgalov and Ryan Miller were both mentioned here. They are both assumed to start tonight.
- The same theory works for Evgeni Nabokov and Steve Mason, as they are both featured here.
- Chris Osgood and Christobal Huet should start according to this game preview.
- Lonnie Herman reports that Mike Smith will be in net, here. Martin Brodeur is also expected to rebound against Tampa Bay.
- Looks like Nikolai Khabibulin and Miikka Kiprusoff for the Battle of Alberta. Both were written about in-depth by beat writer Randy Sportak, here. Kiprusoff should have a night off coming soon, fyi.
- The consensus is Dwayne Roloson and Pascal Leclaire going tonight. No official confirmation yet, but every source I have seen today has those two projected.
- I am going to say my educated guess is that Jose Theodore will be in net. Corey Masisak of the Washington Times confirms this here.
- The same goes for Niklas Backstrom of the Minnesota Wild.
UPDATE: Jason LaBarbera is in net for Phoenix tonight against Buffalo. Link here
UPDATE: Josh Harding is making his season debut tonight as reported on the Wild official site here
UPDATE: Katie Strang of Isles Files reports here that Martin Biron will make his season debut as well.
That’s all I have for now. More updates to come. If you have any tips, email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Year-to-date Predictions: 4/4 = 100%